Councilor Quarles was elected to office in May of 2016 and is a breath of fresh air in our divisive political climate. In our conversation, she explains why she ran for office, what she wants to get done, and how she’s going to do it.
Where to find Councilor Candice Quarles:
- Twitter – Twitter.com/CandiceQuarles
- LinkedIn – LinkedIn.com/in/candiceq1/
- Facebook – Facebook.com/CandiceQuarles1
- Website – CandiceQuarles.com
- City – Desoto, TX
It’s an important time in our country where we really need strong leadership.
I had to learn how to ask for help.
You want variety on the council. Let’s break it up a bit and have every demographic and age group represented.
We have a responsibility…to make sure that all parts of our community are being represented.
I promise you, when you step up, people want to see that.
For her civic and corporate contributions, she has received several awards and recognitions:
- 2016 Speaker: Texas Democratic Convention
- 2016 Leadership Dallas Graduate, Dallas Regional Chamber
- 2015 Best New Start-up Pitch Competition Winner- Small Business Matters Conference
- 2014 Dallas Business Journal’s Top Forty under 40 Honoree
- 2014 Distinguished President of the Year and “Southern Region Chapter of the Year” awarded by the National Urban League
- 2013 Young Alumnus of the Year, Missouri Western State University
- 2012 White House Project’s “Go. Run. Lead.” Graduate